Close
Menu
Welcome from the Head of Sixth Form
SUB MENU

If you are a person who loves to learn then you would be coming to the right place.

The Sixth Form at South Hampstead offers extraordinary opportunities for personal and intellectual development in an environment that is caring and supportive. We are truly proud of our tradition of excellence, the diversity of our community, and the spirit of endeavour that is at the heart of what we do.

It is an exciting time to be embarking on an A level course.  The post-16 curriculum continues to undergo transition, with the AS and the full A level decoupled into separate qualifications.  Because the AS exams no longer contribute to the A level grade, students at South Hampstead won’t sit AS exams in the summer of Lower Sixth. Instead, students will have additional time to explore their subjects in depth in the summer term. Our students will sit all their public exams at the end of Upper Sixth.

This prospectus describes the A levels we offer, including information about the examination boards and syllabus topics that we use at present.  When making their selection, students should choose subjects in which they have a natural interest and desire to learn more.

I hope you enjoy reading this prospectus and that it helps you to think through the courses that are on offer.  Should you have any questions about the Sixth Form, do not hesitate to contact me, and I will be delighted to help you.

Jamie Waller

Head of Sixth Form

back to top