23 March 2021
Congratulations to our alumnae for their recent achievements and career successes.
We are delighted to share some highlights from our trailblazing former pupils:
- Author Naomi Ishiguro who publishes her debut novel ‘Common Ground’ about the friendship of two boys from different backgrounds as they break free of their small-town childhoods to forge new identities in London.
- Dr Jess Wade, a highly skilled physicist and trailblazing campaigner for diversity in STEM fields, will be publishing a children’s picture book introducing young readers to the fascinating (and cutting-edge) world of nanotechnology. She has dedicated the book to her teachers at South Hampstead.
- Human rights lawyer Rosa Curling who was profiled in The Sunday Times Magazine for her work standing up to tech giants and governments and establishing a law firm which campaigns for digital justice.
- Architect Madeleine Kessler who was featured in Architects’ Journal as one of their 40 under 40, a cohort which is named once every 15 years.
- Alumnae Karen Pollock CBE and Laura Marks OBE who spoke up in the media on Holocaust Memorial Day to remind us that identity based hatred has not gone away and that we must continue to take action against prejudice.
- Art historian and broadcaster Jacky Klein and her team from the Courtauld Institute who won the final of University Challenge.